It’s Week 7, and injuries have ravaged through the NFL in the past week. Whether players were placed on the IR like Eddie Lacy, or are just out for a week or two like Doug Martin and so many others, most fantasy teams seek previous backups to start in Week 7. That’s why I’m here, to let you know who to pick up and who to stay away from.
- Jacquizz Rodgers – Pick him up. This is a great add for this week. In his previous start when Martin was sidelined, Rodgers had 30 carries for +100 yards against a strong Carolina Panthers defense. He’s due for a great game against a very weak 49ers run defense, that is without their star linebacker, Navorro Bowman.
- 49ers backfield – Do not add any members of this backfield with Carlos Hyde out, whether it is Mike Davis or Shaun Draughn. Despite a good matchup against he Bucs, there will be backfield split between the two, and maybe even DuJaun Harris. I would stay away from taking a risk on any of the running backs.
- Mike Gillislee – This is a great add. He is in full command of the Bills backfield this week with LeSean McCoy sidelined. Even with McCoy in the lineup, Gillislee has had a decent year. He has a great matchup against the Dolphins this week.
- Lions backfield – This is not a good pick up, whether it is Zach Zenner or Dwayne Washington, for the same reasons as the 49ers: a major split of carries despite a favorable matchup. Don’t add these players against the Redskins in Theo Riddick’s absence.
- Vernon Davis – A very good add. He had a great week last week in a Washington offense that loves their tight ends in the red zone. With Jordan Reed out again with a concussion, look for Jordan Reed to score again this week in a great matchup against the Lions.
- Raiders backfield – Although Latavius Murray may return this week, there is a three-way split with Murray, DeAndre Washington, and Jalen Richard. Therefore, it a good idea to stay away from these players.
- Spencer Ware – This may be the best add of them all. Last week, Ware exploded against the Raiders, even with Charles back. He seems to be the top running back in Kansas City right now, and is set for an outstanding week against the abysmal Saints defense.
That concludes the Week 7 fantasy football edition on the roundup. I wish you the best of luck this week!